Please join us on Wednesday, September 8th as we continue our family-oriented Wednesday evening activities! The schedule includes a simple fellowship meal from 5:45 to 6:20 p.m. followed by classes for all ages that start at 6:30 p.m. The schedule includes:
Childcare will be provided for children birth through 2 years old. Room 502
Team Kid for Preschool – Follow the Leader – for children 3 years old through Kindergarten. This class helps children learn about themselves and how they can follow their Leader – God. Bible story, scripture and fun activities are a part of each meeting. Children’s Area – Room 504
Team Kid – Jumping the Hurdles – for kids in grades 1 through 5. This curriculum focuses on helping children deal with issues that may cause them problems in life. Each week’s lesson looks at a different “hurdle” and will help children develop skills to succeed. It is a fun, high-energy ministry that encourages kids to know Jesus Christ and to grow in a relationship with Him. Children’s Chapel
Coed Bible Study – CULTURE SHOCK: A Biblical Approach to Today’s Most Divisive Issues by Chip Ingram, led by Tar Henderson. “Where do you stand on issues like: Truth, Sex, Homosexuality, Abortion, the Environment and the Church and Politics? More importantly, what does God say? More than ever before, believers must develop convictions based on research, reason, and biblical truth. But it doesn’t stop there. It’s equally important that you’re able (and willing) to communicate these convictions with a love and respect that reflects God’s love. This series will help you learn how to respond with love, even in the face of controversy. In the process, you’ll discover the power of bringing light-not heat-to the core issues at the heart of society today.” Room 207
There is something for every member of the family, so bring the entire family!
In preparation for this coming Sunday, where we will be looking at Psalm 15, we encourage you to go a step further. While we will spend the bulk of our time on Psalm 15, it will greatly serve you to read through Psalms 9-15 before this Sunday. This won’t take long as most of them are short Psalms. Below is a Four Step Process for you to use as a meditative tool. Between now and Sunday try completing this four step meditative process 2-3 times.
Step #1 Pray IOUS
- I—Incline “Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain.” (Psalm 119:36)
- O—Open “Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.” (Psalm 119:18)
- U—Unite “Unite my heart to fear your name.” (Psalm 86:11)
- S—Satisfy “Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.” (Psalm 90:14)
Step #2 Read Psalm 15
Step #3 Read Psalm 9-14. Also read Psalm 15 again and start underlining words that you read quite a bit.
Step #4 Pray that God would use the Spirit to bring these scriptures to mind during the day.
*Bonus: The second time you perform this Four Step Process, when you come to Step #2 (Psalm 15) take notice of the words you underlined in Step #3 of reading Psalm 15. Now start underlining these same concepts and words in Step #3 reading of 9-14. Continue this process each time you read and watch the passage thicken.
A Special Called Business Meeting was held on Sunday, August 1, 2021 after the morning Worship Service to elect our Lead Pastor Search Team. Our congregation unanimously elected the following individuals to the team:
A time of prayer for the team followed the business meeting. The team held their first meeting on Wednesday, August 4, with Steve Ballew, the Executive Director of the Baptist Convention of New Mexico providing initial training for the team.
Please pray for and encourage the members of our Lead Pastor Search Team and their families.
The five individuals that our church has nominated to be our Lead Pastor Search Team are as follows:
As specified in our Section V. Selection Process – paragraphs 4 and 5 of the church approved Lead Pastor Search Team Selection Policy:
4. The names of the five prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members receiving the most nominations shall be brought before the members of the church, who will be given 14 days to show cause why any one of the prospective members would not be qualified to serve. Consistent with Matthew 18:15 and Matthew 5:24, any members with such “cause” must first express his or her concern to the prospective member and then must also express his or her concern to the Church Ministry Council for consideration.
5. At the end of this 14-day period, the list of prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members will be presented to the members of the church for affirmation by majority vote of the members present, followed by a time of dedication.
The “affirmation by majority vote of the members present” will occur at the Special Called Business Meeting after the morning worship service on Sunday, August 1, 2021.
Please pray for and encourage these individuals and their families.
Vacation Bible School usually reminds those of us who grew up in the church of some fond summer memories as a child. Recently, a lady at the Moriarty park with young children replied, “What is Vacation Bible School?” when someone invited her children to attend VBS. It is hard to believe anyone living in America today could have possibly never heard of Vacation Bible School.
So why VBS? Every element – from Bible study to crafts, to music, to recreation – is carefully crafted to create intentional touch-points with the gospel on each and every day of VBS. Children who attend VBS will have heard the Good News. Yes it is an intense week with lots of hard work and time invested. Here are some collective ministry results from one year of VBS.
- 2.2 Million people attended VBS
- Over 170,000 unchurched families connected with the body of Christ
- Over 58,000 people made professions of faith
- Over 800 Kids responded to God’s call into Ministry or Missions
- In a single week, kids received 15 hours of intense discipleship. The equivalent of 7 months of Ministry
Don’t let this year’s VBS go by without participating. Here are a few ways to do that: Pray for VBS for the kids, families and those serving; invite family and friends kids’ to register; offer to transport them to and from VBS; donate a bag of candy for our float at the 4th of July Parade. It’s coming soon! July 12-16 from 9 to Noon!
This policy applies to the selection of church members to serve on the Lead Pastor Search Team.
The Lead Pastor Search Team will consist of five members of First Baptist | The People Church.
- Team members must give evidence of being a devoted follower of Christ.
- Team members must be a participating member of First Baptist Church, Moriarty.
- Team members must be a participating member of a Care Group of First Baptist Church, Moriarty.
IV. Job Description
To prayerfully pursue a pastor for First Baptist | The People Church
This will involve time, travel, confidentiality, and has no definite time frame.
V. Selection Process
- A copy of the Qualifications section of this Policy shall be made available to the congregation.
- With these qualifications in mind, members of the congregation will be given a deadline (a minimum of two weeks) to prayerfully submit the names of members for consideration as members of the Lead Pastor Search Team.
- Men or women whose names are submitted shall be vetted through the church office to assure church membership and active Care Group participation. The church office shall contact each of the nominated individuals who are church members and actively participating members of a Care Group to assure that they are willing to be considered for membership of the Lead Pastor Search Team. The list of willing and qualified nominees shall be sorted by the number of nominations received by each individual. Note that only one member of an immediate family may serve on the Lead Pastor Search Team.
- The names of the five prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members receiving the most nominations shall be brought before the members of the church, who will be given 14 days to show cause why any one of the prospective members would not be qualified to serve. Consistent with Matthew 18:15 and Matthew 5:24, any members with such “cause” must first express his or her concern to the prospective member and then must also express his or her concern to the Church Ministry Council for consideration.
- At the end of this 14-day period, the list of prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members will be presented to the members of the church for affirmation by majority vote of the members present, followed by a time of dedication.
In the event of vacancy of two or more people or a special need, the Church Ministry Council may refer to the previous sorted list of nominees to select a replacement, or they may re-initiate the entire selection process as they deem necessary.
Please join us immediately following the Worship on Sunday, May 23 for a time of blessing for Pastor Johnny, Candace and their children. This will be their last Sunday with us as Pastor Johnny has accepted the call by Southside Baptist Church in Stuttgart, Arkansas to be their new Lead Pastor.
You are invited to a Mother/Daughter Brunch
On May 8th from 10:00am – 12:00pm.
We will have: Food
WorldCrafts Table (to purchase gifts)
We would encourage you to invite your lady family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
RSVP to Elaine Henderson by Monday, May 3rd.
Call (575)313-1673 or email email@example.com
We will have a sign-up table in the east foyer on April 18th, April 25th and May 2nd.
Please join us on Wednesday, February 10th as we continue our family-oriented Wednesday evening activities! The schedule includes a simple fellowship meal from 5:45 to 6:20 p.m. followed by classes for all ages that start at 6:30 p.m. The schedule includes:
Team Kid for Preschool – Follow the Leader – for children 3 years old through Kindergarten. This class is an age-appropriate balance of high energy activities, games, Bible lesson and application. Children’s Area – Room 504
Team Kid – Jumping the Hurdles – for kids in grades 1 through 5. This curriculum, just as the title implies, helps kids prepare for life’s challenges that include handling things like peer pressure, anger & making good choices to name just a few. This will include a Bible lesson, games & activities that get them moving. Children’s Chapel
Student Ministry – Elevate – a time of worship through singing, Bible study and fellowship for middle and high school students. LOFT
Ladies’ Bible Study – a study of 1 & 2 Kings called Trustworthy by Lysa TerKeurst, led by Charla Richard. Room 304
Coed Bible Study – the continuation of the video series on the book of James, led by Tar Henderson and Pastor Johnny. Room 207
Childcare will be provided for children birth through 2 years old. Nursery
There is something for every member of the family, so bring the entire family!