The five individuals that our church has nominated to be our Lead Pastor Search Team are as follows:
As specified in our Section V. Selection Process – paragraphs 4 and 5 of the church approved Lead Pastor Search Team Selection Policy:
4. The names of the five prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members receiving the most nominations shall be brought before the members of the church, who will be given 14 days to show cause why any one of the prospective members would not be qualified to serve. Consistent with Matthew 18:15 and Matthew 5:24, any members with such “cause” must first express his or her concern to the prospective member and then must also express his or her concern to the Church Ministry Council for consideration.
5. At the end of this 14-day period, the list of prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members will be presented to the members of the church for affirmation by majority vote of the members present, followed by a time of dedication.
The “affirmation by majority vote of the members present” will occur at the Special Called Business Meeting after the morning worship service on Sunday, August 1, 2021.
Please pray for and encourage these individuals and their families.
Vacation Bible School usually reminds those of us who grew up in the church of some fond summer memories as a child. Recently, a lady at the Moriarty park with young children replied, “What is Vacation Bible School?” when someone invited her children to attend VBS. It is hard to believe anyone living in America today could have possibly never heard of Vacation Bible School.
So why VBS? Every element – from Bible study to crafts, to music, to recreation – is carefully crafted to create intentional touch-points with the gospel on each and every day of VBS. Children who attend VBS will have heard the Good News. Yes it is an intense week with lots of hard work and time invested. Here are some collective ministry results from one year of VBS.
- 2.2 Million people attended VBS
- Over 170,000 unchurched families connected with the body of Christ
- Over 58,000 people made professions of faith
- Over 800 Kids responded to God’s call into Ministry or Missions
- In a single week, kids received 15 hours of intense discipleship. The equivalent of 7 months of Ministry
Don’t let this year’s VBS go by without participating. Here are a few ways to do that: Pray for VBS for the kids, families and those serving; invite family and friends kids’ to register; offer to transport them to and from VBS; donate a bag of candy for our float at the 4th of July Parade. It’s coming soon! July 12-16 from 9 to Noon!
This policy applies to the selection of church members to serve on the Lead Pastor Search Team.
The Lead Pastor Search Team will consist of five members of First Baptist | The People Church.
- Team members must give evidence of being a devoted follower of Christ.
- Team members must be a participating member of First Baptist Church, Moriarty.
- Team members must be a participating member of a Care Group of First Baptist Church, Moriarty.
IV. Job Description
To prayerfully pursue a pastor for First Baptist | The People Church
This will involve time, travel, confidentiality, and has no definite time frame.
V. Selection Process
- A copy of the Qualifications section of this Policy shall be made available to the congregation.
- With these qualifications in mind, members of the congregation will be given a deadline (a minimum of two weeks) to prayerfully submit the names of members for consideration as members of the Lead Pastor Search Team.
- Men or women whose names are submitted shall be vetted through the church office to assure church membership and active Care Group participation. The church office shall contact each of the nominated individuals who are church members and actively participating members of a Care Group to assure that they are willing to be considered for membership of the Lead Pastor Search Team. The list of willing and qualified nominees shall be sorted by the number of nominations received by each individual. Note that only one member of an immediate family may serve on the Lead Pastor Search Team.
- The names of the five prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members receiving the most nominations shall be brought before the members of the church, who will be given 14 days to show cause why any one of the prospective members would not be qualified to serve. Consistent with Matthew 18:15 and Matthew 5:24, any members with such “cause” must first express his or her concern to the prospective member and then must also express his or her concern to the Church Ministry Council for consideration.
- At the end of this 14-day period, the list of prospective Lead Pastor Search Team members will be presented to the members of the church for affirmation by majority vote of the members present, followed by a time of dedication.
In the event of vacancy of two or more people or a special need, the Church Ministry Council may refer to the previous sorted list of nominees to select a replacement, or they may re-initiate the entire selection process as they deem necessary.
Please join us immediately following the Worship on Sunday, May 23 for a time of blessing for Pastor Johnny, Candace and their children. This will be their last Sunday with us as Pastor Johnny has accepted the call by Southside Baptist Church in Stuttgart, Arkansas to be their new Lead Pastor.
You are invited to a Mother/Daughter Brunch
On May 8th from 10:00am – 12:00pm.
We will have: Food
WorldCrafts Table (to purchase gifts)
We would encourage you to invite your lady family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
RSVP to Elaine Henderson by Monday, May 3rd.
Call (575)313-1673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have a sign-up table in the east foyer on April 18th, April 25th and May 2nd.
Please join us on Wednesday, February 10th as we continue our family-oriented Wednesday evening activities! The schedule includes a simple fellowship meal from 5:45 to 6:20 p.m. followed by classes for all ages that start at 6:30 p.m. The schedule includes:
Team Kid for Preschool – Follow the Leader – for children 3 years old through Kindergarten. This class is an age-appropriate balance of high energy activities, games, Bible lesson and application. Children’s Area – Room 504
Team Kid – Jumping the Hurdles – for kids in grades 1 through 5. This curriculum, just as the title implies, helps kids prepare for life’s challenges that include handling things like peer pressure, anger & making good choices to name just a few. This will include a Bible lesson, games & activities that get them moving. Children’s Chapel
Student Ministry – Elevate – a time of worship through singing, Bible study and fellowship for middle and high school students. LOFT
Ladies’ Bible Study – a study of 1 & 2 Kings called Trustworthy by Lysa TerKeurst, led by Charla Richard. Room 304
Coed Bible Study – the continuation of the video series on the book of James, led by Tar Henderson and Pastor Johnny. Room 207
Childcare will be provided for children birth through 2 years old. Nursery
There is something for every member of the family, so bring the entire family!
Well Church, what can we say? The year 2020 in many ways has not turned out like anyone could have imagined. It started with promise, but quickly moved to a pandemic. Through the pandemic we have experienced shutdown, struggle, and a “new” normal, which I really don’t want to continue. Some of you have lost loved ones and we mourn with you. Some of you were and are currently sick with Covid19, or the flu, or other illnesses and we pray to God for healing on your behalf. 2020 has been a year of trials and temptations like we have not seen in our lifetime. 2020 has driven many of us to our knees in prayer! Why does it take a pandemic for us to trust, pray, or repent?
In 2020, we have been challenged to have faith over fear, by allowing God to take control of our circumstances and believe He was big enough to handle them. We were challenged to engage in prayer over living a life of panic. Prayer along with the Word of God are offensive weapons wielded by the Saints against the enemy. The enemy wants to destroy life, but prayer gives us a lifeline to the Father, and He hears our cries and acts on our behalf. He is always faithful and finally we have been challenged to have joy over despair. Joy is not focused on our circumstances, but it is found in Christ, the Way-maker and Miracle worker in our lives. Joy conquers despair when we decide to allow God to empower us with His Spirit.
My prayer for us in 2021 is that it will be a year of Renewal, not just a new normal but a supernatural normal. The Apostle Paul says it this way, “Therefore, we do not give up. Even though our outer person (physical body) is dying, our inner person ( spiritual life) is being renewed day by day.” (2 Corinthians 4:16)
Church, do not miss out on what God has in store for you in 2021, by looking back at 2020. Look forward, by seeking God, and being renewed by Him daily. Make that your life’s desire. A lost world is dying to hear the message of hope in Christ. We have that message; allow that message to renew your desire for evangelism, discipleship, and discernment of the truth. May God richly bless and renew you as you live for Him in 2021!
Pastor Johnny, Lead Pastor
Outdoor Carnival Tent Event aka Fall Funfest 4:30-6:30 p.m. October 31 in the Church parking lot. Our big needs: Candy (Thanks to those who’ve already given), Portable canopy shades that we could borrow, goodie bag stuffers, volunteers to make popcorn & cotton candy on Saturday morning (Oct. 31) Event volunteers: technically savvy folks to assist with our photo ops station: station volunteers, foot traffic and parking volunteers. Please contact Beth 228-3880 if you are able to assist in one or more of these areas of need. Thank you!
Sunday, October 4th after Worship Service
Ministry Team Responsibilities
Rotating Ministry Teams
Building & Grounds Ministry
- Assure that the church facilities are maintained in good functional condition.
- Assure that necessary repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Assure needs of church staff are addressed.
- Review and adjust job descriptions as needed.
- Keep up to date regarding salaries and benefits for church employees.
- Recommend Personnel raise package each year.
- Review, update and administer the Personnel Policies of the church.
- Assist in the hiring of new church employees.
- See that the financial desires as voted on by the church body are carried out.
- Review monthly financial reports.
- Review monthly bank records.
- Prepare a proposed yearly budget in a timely manner.
- Responsible for procedures of money handling including counting committee and check signing.
- Encourage stewardship education.
Non-Rotating Ministry Teams
- Assure that the church audio/visual capabilities are maintained in good functional condition.
- Coordinate with the Church Office concerning all forms of church communication (e.g., Facebook, eNews, church website, blogs, etc.).
- Plan and facilitate Discipleship training opportunities (e.g., Bible Study, Hope Groups) to encourage others to live by the Word of our Lord Jesus.
- Ensure all members know their Spirit Gifts to better serve the church and community as disciples.
- Involve as many people as possible in fellowship activity.
- Plan and facilitate church-wide fellowship events.
- The Hospitality sub team will be responsible for the food preparation for all church-wide events.
- Involve as many men as possible in Men’s Ministry.
- Plan and facilitate church-wide Men’s Ministry events.
- Involve as many people as possible in mission activity.
- Plan and facilitate mission trips and local mission projects.
- Promote local, BCNM, and SBC mission offerings.
- Implement the safety and security procedures as detailed in the Safety Manual of First Baptist – Moriarty.
- Keep up to date regarding measures to ensure the safety and security of our congregation.
Seniors Alive Ministry
- Plan and facilitate worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism opportunities to our church’s seniors (ages 55 years old and older) to the Glory of God.
- Involve as many women as possible in Women’s Ministry.
- Plan and facilitate church-wide Women’s Ministry events.
Staff-led Ministry Teams
- Minister to children and their families.
- Contact Beth Aultman our Children’s Ministry Director for additional information.
- Minister to students and their families.
- Contact Sid Ware our Student Ministry Director for additional information.
- Use talents, skills, and giftedness to lead the church in Worship.
Come and find a place to serve our God, our church, and our community!