The vision of The People Church | First Baptist Moriarty is to Build Community, Give Hope, and Make Disciples. Our Growth Groups serve as a key resource for Making Disciples by creating an environment for discipleship and leadership development to take place. This happens by focusing on six different areas: fellowship, teaching, prayer, ministry, accountability, and multiplication.
Each month we will highlight a different Growth Group to allow you to get to know others in the church and maybe learn about ministries that you may be unfamiliar with. This month we are highlighting the Garcia Growth Group.
Group Leader: Pastor Dennis & Toni Garcia
- How long have you been leading this Growth Group? We started the group earlier in the year. Prior to that, we were part of the Perkins Group. When the group grew too large for the room, we thought it best to multiply into two groups to give a better opportunity for continued growth.
- When and where do you meet? Sunday mornings at 9:15(ish) a.m. at The People Church in Room 302.
- Who is the “typical” member of your group? With the exception of a couple of us, most of the group is under the age of 30. We have some single members, and other members are married.
- What curriculum are you studying? D-Life Bible Study. This Study allows us to dig into a Bible passage each week. Not just learning what it says but also discussing how we put it into practice in our lives.
- What fellowship and mission activities have you had in the past six months? Summer was actually a busy time for our group so we didn’t have many out-of-class gatherings. However, we’ve done blessing bags for the homeless, supplies for CYFD, and food for our backpack ministry through Moriarty Elementary School. For fellowships, we’ve done a lot of eating!
- What fellowship and mission activities are scheduled for the next few months? This month we are collecting candy to make gift bags for local law enforcement.
- What are some other interesting facts about your group? We are a new group that has been meeting less than a year.